Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Bed Bugs...

So a few days ago I woke up with a mysterious red bump on my arm... I wasn't sure what it was, but it didn't itch so i didn't worry about it. The next morning I woke up and there were three huge blisters on top of the red bump...very strange. So I asked my dad what he thought it was and he said, "It looks like poison oak. Have you been in any bushes or trees lately?" um...no! I have not been playing in bushes lately?? So then he said, "It also looks like a burn. Did you burn yourself?" no, not that I had remembered...maybe I burned it on my straightner, but just didn't notice? "Dani, that looks bad enough to be a third degree burn. You'd remember if you burned yourself." well....I don't remember burning myself, so that's not it... What could it be?? We had no more guesses. So I put a bandaide over it and forgot about it for a few days. When I took the bandaide off the blisters had mostly popped and were starting to scab over...When I got to work yesterday my boss said, "What is that on your arm!? It looks like melanoma!" okay, that sorta freaked me out! but he went on to explain that when you get tested for melanoma they poke ya with something that has three points on it and if you test positive the injection sites blister and scab like that. but the good news is, I didn't get tested, so that means I most likely don't have melanoma......but then he got a worried look on his face and said, "I have an idea of what that could be....but I'm not sure I want to tell you...." well if you know then tell me!! "Are you sure you wanna know?" yes...... "Okay, so I don't want to scare you, but it actually looks like bed bug bites. They start out as little, but every night they keep biting you more and more and you end up with blistery rashes all over you body. Also, they come out the most between 3 and 4 am" oh my gosh! are you kidding me?? That's disgusting!! What should I do??? "You need to look on your sheets for little blue stains. They're pretty small, but not microscopic. And then look underneath your bed really good for any webs with tiny blue bugs." oh my gosh!!!!!!!! I am never going to be able to sleep in my bed again!! Thanks a lot Mitch!! you have totally freaked me out......ugh.

So I go on throughout the day until it's bed time...Before I crawl into my bed I inspect every inch looking for little blue circles and webs underneath. nothing....so I convince myself I don't have bed bugs and fall asleep....Well once I fall asleep I start dreaming. I dream that I am inspecting my sheets and find blue stains all over them! and I look under my bed and it's covered with webs full of little blue bugs!! And then they're crawling all over me and I start itching and ugh....it was terrible. Then I woke up and looked at the clock....3:35 am.....great......by now i am terrified and am completely convinced that I have bed bugs crawling all over me and am itching like crazy...... After at least an hour of squirming and scratching I finally fell asleep...

And guess what the first thing I did when i woke up this morning was? I stripped my bed and threw my sheets in the washer. Goodbye bed bugs!

3 comments:

  1. hahaha! i am sorry! did you ever figure out what it was for real?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe they were not bed bugs but fleas! When Kathy did not put fleas medication on her cats in California and I slept in the same room where the cats usually sleep, I got many flea bites. They made my neck area itch like crazy! To satisfy my curiousity, if they were bed bugs where did they come from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think it must have just been a really bad spider bite.

    ReplyDelete